Do you have difficulty obtaining a full night’s rest? Do you often feel exhausted throughout the day, even though you feel like you did sleep the night before? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. On fact, there’s a chance you’re one of the over ten million Americans with obstructive sleep apnea. Understanding the cause and symptoms of this serious disorder is the first step towards treating sleep apnea.
Reno NV Sleep Apnea Quiz
1. True or False: Sleep apnea causes a patient to stop breathing briefly during sleep.
2. True or False: Snoring is a common symptom of sleep apnea.
3. True or False: Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans can diagnose your sleep apnea symptoms.
4. True or False: With an oral splint, you can breathe and sleep easier.
Reno NV Sleep Apnea Quiz Answer Key
1. True. The soft tissues in the back of the throat may relax; blocking airflow while the patient sleeps. The brain, deprived of oxygen, then wakes the patient up. Whether the patient realizes it or not, this can happen hundreds of times every night.
2. True. Along with snoring, patients may also experience daytime drowsiness or wake up gasping or choking.
3. True. A member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, Dr. Wager has the knowledge and experience needed to diagnose and recommend treatment for sleep apnea.
4. True. Similar in appearance to a night guard, an oral splint moves the jaw forward to prevent the collapse of soft tissue from obstructing airflow. The patient breathes easier and the symptoms of sleep apnea decrease. If you have any questions or concerns about sleep apnea, talk to Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans today.
About Your Reno Dentists:
Dr. William Wager, Dr. Brian Evans, and our highly experienced team at Wager Evans Dental are devoted to our patients and their families, and dedicated to providing first-rate dental care in a comfortable, inviting environment. Schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment at our Reno family dentist office today by calling (775) 829-7700. We proudly welcome residents from Spanish Springs, Sparks, Incline Village, Dayton, Fernley, and all surrounding communities.