Looking for a way to dramatically improve – if not completely overhaul – your smile can feel like an impossible task. Impossible, that is, until you discover the incredible benefits of porcelain veneers. The good news is that you actually do have access to a cosmetic dentistry treatment that allows you to customize just about every aspect of your smile. The not-so-great news is that while you may want to say, “yes” to veneers, you may be concerned about longevity and other issues. We suggest that you quiz your knowledge (and learn the facts you’re currently missing) as clarification.
True-or-False Veneers Quiz
- True or False: Porcelain veneers are likely to shatter if you do not chew and speak carefully – however, as long as you’re careful, they will last.
- True or False: Your smile will look white and bright after we apply your porcelain veneers and will continue to look that way for many years to come.
- True or False: You’re going to have to begin using your usual toothbrush on the back of your teeth where veneers are not present – and a special porcelain veneer toothbrush for the visible part of your smile covered with veneers.
Veneers Quiz Answer Key
- False. Veneers are actually quite stable and will last for a long time. You do not need to be overly cautious, thanks to their durability. Just make smart choices (for instance, if you have bruxism, seek treatment – or if you bite your nails or chew on ice, cut out these bad habits).
- True. Veneers are extremely resistant to staining. Brush and floss every day and it’s easy to keep your smile looking brilliant.
- False. You can continue to use your usual soft-bristle toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to brush both your natural tooth tissue and your veneers.