JUMP TO A SECTION
When the Daily Reno Grind Gets You Down
Everyone we know in Reno might experience teeth clenching and grinding when they feel stressed, frustrated, or otherwise upset. But if you clench or grind your teeth in your sleep, night after night, you could be dealing with a chronic case of bruxism, a problem that can destroy your smile and wreak havoc on your well-being. Wager Evans Dental can help!
Relief When You Need It
At Wager Evans Dental, we want all of our Reno patients to experience the freedom and satisfaction of a healthy smile – and that includes offering treatments for relief of pain, discomfort, and damage.
Do I Need Teeth-Grinding Treatment
Do you wake up with:
- Jaw pain
- Loose feeling teeth
- a ridged tongue or damage to the inside of your cheek?
Are your teeth:
- Looking shorter than they used to
- Seeming weakened
- Square or sharp
- Flattened, fractured, or chipped
Are you struggling with tight jaw muscles, locked jaw, facial soreness, dull headache, damaged inner cheek, or sleep disruption? Then you very likely have some form of bruxism more commonly known as dental clenching and grinding.
There are innumerable causes for Reno bruxism but the most common causes include:
- Genetics – Teeth grinding is more likely to occur when someone in your family has a history of it
- Stress – Stress can cause you to start clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth
- Medications – Some medications may have side effects that cause you to start grinding your teeth
- Health issues
- Age – Teeth grinding is more common in children, but they usually outgrow it.
- Recreational Substances – Smoking tobacco, drinking alcohol, and consuming caffeine can contribute
- Sleep disorders such as Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
Whatever the cause, Wager Evans is dedicated to helping you protect your teeth, offer reprieve from the pain, and get your smile in tip-top shape.
What Can Wager Evans Do About My Teeth Grinding
Did any of the symptoms we listed above ring a bell? If so, please give us a call. Dr. Evans will work with you to figure out what is causing your clenching and grinding, listen to your concerns, and develop a plan to help you stop bruxism and restore your teeth to health. Our Reno teeth grinding treatments may include:
- Dental Splints or Mouth Guards – Designed to help keep the jaw and teeth separated, splints and guards prevent the grinding from happening
- Dental Correction – If grinding has affected your ability to chew properly, Dr. Evans might employ crowns, fillings, or reshaping techniques to renew and strengthen your worn teeth
- Stress Management and Lifestyle Help – We will discuss a range of stress-management techniques and lifestyle adjustments to help you relax, live better, and stop damaging your smile
Why do we offer all of this to our Reno teeth-grinding patients? It’s simple – your well-being is our obsession.
Learn More About Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
If you need professional care to help in stopping the teeth grinding, then connect with Wager Evans Dental. Click here to request an appointment or call our office today at (775) 829-7700. Located in Reno, NV, we proudly welcome residents from South Meadows, Double Diamond, Caughlin Ranch, Donner Springs, Meadowood, Sommersett, Arrowcreek, and all surrounding communities.
I’ve been going to Wager Evans Dental for years now and have only great things to say about Dr. Evans and all the wonderful people who work there. They always clearly explain what to expect and why we’re doing it. Not only do they provide dental services but also education and tools for home at the same time. My dental health has improved as a result. Thanks so much to everyone at Wager Evans Dental!-Neil B.