Unless you’ve visited a cosmetic dentist and/or had cosmetic dental work done, cosmetic dentistry might seem like a mystery to you. Most of us are familiar with cosmetic dentistry because of movie stars and Hollywood celebrities. They have gorgeous teeth and when we allow ourselves to think about it, we wonder why they do but we don’t. Then we realize it is because they have had cosmetic dental work done. What do you really know about cosmetic dentistry besides the before and after of Jim Carrey’s smile? Take the quiz below to find out.
True or False?
- True or False: A general dentist and a cosmetic dentist hold the same degree.
- True or False: The American Dental Association recognizes cosmetic dentistry as a field of its own.
- True or False: General dentists can perform cosmetic procedures.
- True or False: Cosmetic dentistry focuses on prevention.
- True: A general dentist and a cosmetic dentist hold the same dental degree. All cosmetic dentists are general dentists first.
- False: The American Dental Association does not recognize cosmetic dentistry as a field of its own. Cosmetic dentists are highly trained in cosmetic dental procedures and get their training by attending programs and courses dedicated to cosmetic dental techniques, procedures, and treatments.
- False: Although a general dentist can perform certain cosmetic dental procedures, such as whitening and dental bonding, a trained cosmetic dentist can perform bleaching, bonding, clear braces, as well as more complex cosmetic procedures including dental bridges, crowns, veneers, and implants.
- False: While general dentistry focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of dental problems, cosmetic dentistry focuses on the improvement of your smile.
About Your Reno Dentists
Dr. William Wager, Dr. Brian Evans, and our highly experienced team at Wager Evans Dental are devoted to our patients and their families, and dedicated to providing first-rate dental care in a comfortable, inviting environment. Located in Reno, we proudly welcome residents from Spanish Springs, Sparks, Incline Village, Dayton, Fernley, and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment, visit our office, or contact us today by calling (775) 829-7700.