Have you recently had a tooth extracted or lost one due to dental decay or gum disease? If so, you may be struggling to cope with an incomplete smile, both emotionally and functionally. Many patients also struggle with getting proper nutrition after the loss of a tooth, but that doesn’t have to be the case. Dental implants are one of the most effective ways to complete a smile after tooth loss, providing a seamless restoration and one that will be secure and sturdy. If all you’ve dreamt about since losing your tooth is getting back to life as usual, it’s time to find out how a dental implant can help make that dream come true.
An Implant Can Complete Your Smile
Dental implants are the only form of prosthetic that replaces both the missing tooth and its root, offering a number of benefits over other restorative treatments. If the dentist determines your gums are in good enough health to make implants a viable option, you may be surprised just how many ways they can help restore your smile.
- The two components of a dental implant are a fake tooth and a titanium post.
- The post is biocompatible, and surgically inserted into your jawline, so that once your tissue has healed around it, the post can provide a stable base for whatever replacement tooth you choose.
- Dental crowns are one of the most popular choices, because of how beautifully they match your natural smile, but other options are a pontic, a fake tooth, or a partial denture.
- This can help make you much more confident while speaking and chewing, as you won’t need to worry about your tooth replacement shifting or loosening.
- Plus, because the post is surgically inserted into your jaw, it can help provide nutrients to your jaw itself, as well as preserving your remaining teeth’s alignment.