Quiz: How Does At-Home Teeth Whitening Work?
Posted January 10, 2018 by Wager-Evans Dental
When you visit the store, you probably see plenty of products offering a brighter smile, from strips to toothpastes. However, we can provide a system that offers professional-level results from the comfort of your own home. How does at-home teeth whitening work?
- True or False: We will create custom-made trays.
- True or False: Total treatment takes about two weeks.
- True or False: You can enjoy a smile brightened by multiple shades.
- True or False: You can keep the trays for touch-ups.
- True. We will take impressions of your teeth and use them to create a set of whitening trays. They will be made from a clear plastic material and fit your mouth comfortably. We then prescribe a powerful bleaching gel, which you take home along with the trays.
- True. Treatment involves filling the trays with the gel and then wearing them for about one to two hours every day over the course of one to two weeks. The exact time the dentist recommends will depending the severity of your discoloration and the cause of your teeth stains.
- True. If you wear the trays as prescribed, you may have a smile brightened by up to eight shades at the end of your treatment period.
- True. Discoloration is caused by a number of factors, including the level of homecare we maintain and the foods and drinks we consume. As a result, discoloration eventually returns. However, you can keep your trays and any remaining gel for touch ups down the road. You can also talk to your dentist about tips for keeping your smile brighter for longer periods.
At Wager-Evans Dental, we can offer solutions to help remove teeth stains. Our office is proud to help people enjoy their best, most attractive smiles by offering several beneficial cosmetic procedures. Located in Reno, NV, we are proud to welcome families from South Meadows, Double Diamond, Caughlin Ranch, Donner Springs, Meadowood, Sommersett, Arrow Creek, and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment, visit our office, or contact us today by calling (775) 829-7700.