In the United States alone, 69% of adults 35 and older are missing at least one permanent tooth according to a study by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. As we age, the number often increases, with 26% of adults over 74 missing all of their teeth. Preventing further tooth loss requires quick replacement. To address missing teeth, you may consider mini dental implants.
Reno NV Mini Dental Implant Quiz
1. True or False: Tooth loss hurts the health of your smile.
2. True or False: Dental implants provide secure tooth replacement.
3. True or False: Mini dental implants help patients who don’t qualify for traditional dental implants.
4. True or False: Mini dental implants can be placed immediately.
1. True. Tooth loss is more than just an esthetic issue. Missing teeth cause the body to stop supplying crucial nutrients, such a calcium and phosphorus, to the jawbone surrounding the gap in your smile. Without these nutrients the bone tissue begins to dissolve and further tooth loss, along with an aged appearance, can develop. Others experience difficulty eating, which hurts nutritional intake. Finally, embarrassing misalignment can occur following the loss of several teeth.
2. True. A dental implant consists of a biocompatible titanium post, similar in appearance to a screw. The post will be placed into the jawbone, where the bone tissue will bond with it. This secures the implant, which will then receive a restoration, typically in the form of a crown or a prosthetic.
3. True. Traditional implants require a certain amount of jawbone tissue for support, something people living with multiple missing teeth may not have. Mini dental implants are smaller and can be placed immediately, allowing patients to eat and speak with ease. Your Reno NV dentist will place the mini dental implants on the lower jaw.
4. True. Because mini dental implants are smaller and require less invasive placement, your Reno NV dentist can place them in a single procedure.
About Your Reno NV Dentists
Dr. William Wager, Dr. Brian Evans, and our highly experienced team at Wager Evans Dental are devoted to our patients and their families, and dedicated to providing first-rate dental care in a comfortable, inviting environment. To schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment at our Reno family dentist office today by calling (775) 800-4845. Located in Reno, we proudly welcome residents from Spanish Springs, Sparks, Incline Village, Dayton, Fernley, and all surrounding communities.