Reno Dentists: Test Your Knowledge with a Dental Quiz
Posted March 22, 2013 by Wager-Evans Dental
Keeping patients informed about their oral health takes many forms. Sometimes it is good to give them a chance to test their knowledge so that they develop strong convictions about certain dental situations. So grab a pencil and no peeking, it’s time for a quiz created for you by your Reno dentists, Dr. William Wager and Dr. Brian Evans.
- True or False: You should attend a dental visit every six months.
- True or False: A toothache is no reason to visit the dentist.
- True or False: Root canal treatment should be avoided at all costs.
- True. You should visit your Reno dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans, every six months for a dental cleaning. During these visits, a hygienist can remove plaque and tartar to improve the overall health of your mouth. These visits can also give an early indication of any developing problems with your oral health.
- False. In some cases, a toothache may not be a serious problem, but in others, a toothache can be a good indicator that something is wrong. Toothaches have a variety of causes that include bruxism (teeth grinding), cracked teeth, tooth decay, an irritant (like a food particle) stuck between teeth, and more. When you develop a toothache, it is a good idea to rinse your mouth with warm water and then floss the sensitive area. If rinsing and flossing help to relieve the toothache, it was most likely caused by an irritant. However, if the symptoms linger or worsen, contact your Reno dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans. Lastly, don’t neglect to mention any lingering sensitivities when asked during a dental cleaning.
- False. Root canal treatment is a useful procedure that can preserve a tooth that has suffered tooth decay. Without root canal treatment, a damaged tooth will eventually fall out, leading to the possibility of further problems like more lost teeth and a decrease in jawbone density.
Regular dental cleanings can keep teeth free of bacteria-ridden plaque and tartar. If your last dental visit was more than six months ago, you are due for a checkup. Schedule an appointment with your Reno general dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans. Contact our 89502 dentist office at 775-829-7700. We are proud to serve patients in Reno, Sparks, Sun Valley, Spanish Springs, and surrounding communities.