Reno Dentists Challenge You to a Quiz about Teeth Whitening
Posted April 26, 2013 by Wager-Evans Dental
Do you like the color of your teeth? If you don’t, you may be prone to hiding your smile rather than showing it off. Thankfully, cosmetic dentistry offers teeth whitening treatments that noticeably brighten teeth several shades. Take this quiz from your Reno dentists, Dr. William Wager and Dr. Brian Evans, and see what you find out about teeth whitening.
- True or False: Teeth whitening can whiten teeth no matter the source of their stains.
- True or False: Whitening toothpastes and strips work just as well as professional whitening methods.
- True or False: You can whiten your teeth in a single day with your Reno cosmetic dentists.
- False. Professional teeth whitening addresses extrinsic stains (those on the outer surface of teeth. These stains are often the result of overexposure to dark pigments like those found in coffee, tea, and soda. However, teeth whitening will not remove intrinsic stains (those that occur within the tooth). Intrinsic stains may result from damage to the tooth, too much fluoride exposure, and some medications. To improve the appearance of teeth with intrinsic stains, your Reno cosmetic dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans, may suggest dental bonding or the application of porcelain veneers.
- False. Although they may show mild results, whitening toothpastes and strips simply don’t pack the punch necessary to yield a dramatic transformation. Professional teeth whitening methods have clinical grade whitening agents that can lighten teeth noticeably.
- True. Your Reno cosmetic dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans offer one visit teeth whitening. This treatment takes about one hour, and results show instantly. You’ll be able to show off your new smile on the way out the door.
Are your teeth yellow or dull? The time has come for a brighter smile. Contact your Reno cosmetic dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans, today to discuss one visit teeth whitening by calling 775-829-7700. We are proud to serve patients in Reno, Sparks, Sun Valley, Spanish Springs, and surrounding communities.