If you are missing teeth, you may be exploring your tooth replacement options. When you are considering dental implants, it is important to understand this state-of-the-art procedure. For example, do you know about the different kinds of implants? What are the benefits of this type of tooth replacement? Test your knowledge and find out if the procedure is right for you by taking this dental implants quiz, courtesy of your Reno, NV dentist.
Take the Quiz
- What are the health benefits of dental implants?
- What are the cosmetic benefits of dental implants?
- True or False: If you have jaw bone deterioration, you are not a candidate for implants.
Check Your Answers
- Missing teeth can cause significant oral health problems. When left untreated, your teeth will naturally shift to fill in the space left by a missing tooth. This means that eventually all your teeth could become misaligned. In some cases, you could develop serious problems with your bite. Furthermore, when you have a full set of healthy teeth, the constant contact of the teeth with one another sends small shockwaves to the periodontal ligament, which attaches the teeth to the alveolar bone. These thousands of tiny shockwaves stimulate the growth and regeneration of jawbone structure. Because implants actually replace the tooth root, as well as the tooth itself, they can prevent jawbone degeneration.
- Dental implants look extremely natural. Because they are permanent, they will never slip out place. Best of all, because they are fabricated using advanced technology and ultra modern material, implants are a near-perfect match to your natural teeth.
- False. In the past, a compromised jaw bone structure made the dental implant procedure impossible. Today, however, there are several options available that make dental implants a possibility for more patients. Mini dental implants use titanium posts with a much smaller diameter. In addition, patients with a severely depleted jaw bone may qualify for jaw bone grafting.
Dental Implants from Your Reno Dentist
To learn more about dental implants or to get started on the path to a beautifully restored smile, schedule your appointment at Wager Evans Dental today. Dr. Wager has more than 20 years’ experience providing patients with state-of-the-art, lifelike dental implants. Contact us at 775-829-7700. We proudly serve patients in Reno, Sun Valley, Spanish Springs, Sparks, and the surrounding areas.