Attending a dental cleaning is a very important part of ensuring that your mouth remains healthy. But just how important of a part is it? Take the quiz below from your Reno dentists, Dr. William Wager and Dr. Brian Evans, to find out.
Take the Quiz
- True or False: You should attend a dental cleaning once every year.
- True or False: Dental cleanings are very useful in preventing tooth decay.
- True or False: During a dental cleaning, your Reno dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans, can examine your mouth for signs of oral health problems.
Check Your Answers
- False. You should attend a dental cleaning twice per year (once every six months). If you’re past due, schedule an appointment today.
- True. When bacteria attack teeth, they form plaque (a clear, sticky substance) and tartar (hardened plaque) so that they can attach themselves to teeth. Once attached, a toothbrush alone may prove ineffective in removing them. Thankfully, though, a dental hygienist is able to use special instruments to scrape away stubborn plaque and tartar during a dental cleaning. By doing so, the hygienist can rid your teeth of harmful bacteria, lowering your chances of sustaining tooth decay.
- True. In addition to a thorough cleaning, your attendance of a dental cleaning will allow Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans to examine your mouth for any oral health problems. During this examination, they will look for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, bruxism (teeth grinding), oral cancer, and more. Their professional training and experience will allow them to detect problems that may have evaded you for some time, allowing for early intervention.
Schedule a Dental Cleaning with Your Reno Dentists
Have you attended a dental cleaning in the past six months? If not, the time has come for another. Contact our 89502 dentist office at 775-829-7700 to schedule an appointment with your Reno dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans. We are proud to serve patients in Reno, Sparks, Sun Valley, Spanish Springs, and surrounding communities.