Dental offices are becoming equipped with many new and improved technologies these days that make dental treatments faster, easier, and more comfortable. Technology also makes treatment procedures more reliable, effective, and efficient. This is very beneficial to the patient especially considering the link between your dental health and overall health. Keeping your mouth, teeth, and gums healthy benefits the health of the rest of your body. Some everyday dental technology found in dental offices today includes computers, digital cameras, intraoral cameras, digital radiography, and dental lasers.
Computers can be used for a variety of reasons in a dental office. Of course they are used for scheduling and billing, but they can also be used in the operatory to:
- View patient x-rays
- Stream live music for a better patient experience
- Allow patients to watch TV before and during treatment
- Show movies during long procedures
- Allow patients to play games
Digital radiography allows the dentist to take digital x-rays. Digital x-rays are beneficial in the following ways:
- Less radiation
- Better for the environment
- Images are easier to store
- Patient’s can view images
- Quicker and more efficient
- Allow the patient to view images of their treatment on a computer screen
- Allow the dentist to take before, during, and after images providing a visual history of the patients treatment
- Good source of documentation
Digital cameras are convenient for:
- Capturing the standard series of shots of new patients
- Taking before-and-after tooth whitening shots
How It Benefits The Patient
Dental technology benefits both the dentist and the patient. Patients can see and understand what the problem is that requires treatment and can view treatment every step of the way. They are spending shorter amounts of time in the chair because treatments are faster, and they can be more relaxed with the several entertainment options available due to technology.
About Your Reno Dentists
Dr. William Wager, Dr. Brian Evans, and our highly experienced team at Wager Evans Dental are devoted to our patients and their families, and dedicated to providing first-rate dental care in a comfortable, inviting environment. Located in Reno, we proudly welcome residents from Spanish Springs, Sparks, Incline Village, Dayton, Fernley, and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment, visit our office, or contact us today by calling (775) 800-4845.