Dentistry can be a very interesting subject, and not just for dental geeks. After all, it concerns your teeth and you are all born with teeth, right? Well, not all. There actually have been cases where people have been born without teeth, but that’s another blog! In today’s blog your Reno dentists share some fun and interesting dental facts.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
- The only fully developed organ at birth is your tongue. It is needed for sucking.
- The average woman smiles more than 60 times a day.
- Shark teeth are literally as hard as steel.
- The average man only smiles eight times a day.
- Your smile is the first feature that 50 percent of the population notices.
- Children laugh nearly 400 times a day.
- Adults only laugh 15 times a day on average.
- The most choked-on object in America is the toothpick.
- North American children spend nearly half a billion dollars on chewing gum annually.
- Eighty percent of people are not happy with their smiles.
- Adults with post-high-school degrees have an average of three more teeth than adults that did not finish high school.
- Smokers are three times more likely to lose all their teeth than non-smokers.
- When rating features most important to their appearance, 83 percent of people rate their teeth more important than their eyes or hair
- Some babies are born with teeth. They are referred to as natal teeth.
- A Chinese dentist once built a tower using 28,000 human teeth.
- Drinking three or more sodas a day can cause 62 percent more tooth decay.
About Your Reno Dentists
Dr. William Wager, Dr. Brian Evans, and our highly experienced team at Wager Evans Dental are devoted to our patients and their families, and dedicated to providing first-rate dental care in a comfortable, inviting environment. Located in Reno, we proudly welcome residents from Spanish Springs, Sparks, Incline Village, Dayton, Fernley, and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment, visit our office, or contact us today by calling (775) 800-4845.