When you were a child wouldn’t you have loved to know that your teeth were protected from decay? Going to the dentist can be scary at a young age. It is not so bad to get a checkup and teeth cleaning, but even adults do not want to get fillings. Dental sealants are an easy and painless way to help prevent you or your child from getting cavities. Get sold on sealants by taking our true or false quiz below.
True or False:
- True or False: Dental sealants are a plastic material that is painted on your teeth.
- True or False: Although they are claimed to work, they actually do not.
- True or False: Dental sealants are only for children.
- True or False: One complaint regarding sealants is that they only cover smooth surfaces.
- True or False: Sealants are a good way to safeguard your children’s teeth.
- True: Dental sealants are a liquid plastic resin material that is painted on the chewing surfaces of your teeth to protect against cavities.
- False: The plastic resin material hardens into a protective shield within minutes protecting the tooth from harmful bacteria and the acids it produces.
- False: Although children and teens are the most likely candidates for sealants because pits and fissures develop while teeth are young, adults can definitely benefit from them, as well.
- False: The plastic resin is in liquid form when applied and, therefore, seeps into the tooth’s grooves and depressions protecting the complete morphology of the tooth.
- True: Having your child’s teeth sealed can prevent pain and the need for expensive complex dental procedures in the future.
About Your Reno Dentists
Dr. William Wager, Dr. Brian Evans, and our highly experienced team at Wager Evans Dental are devoted to our patients and their families, and dedicated to providing first-rate dental care in a comfortable, inviting environment. Located in Reno, we proudly welcome residents from Spanish Springs, Sparks, Incline Village, Dayton, Fernley, and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment, visit our office, or contact us today by calling (775) 800-4845.