Tired of being stuck in the house after the holidays? Feeling the need for some sun, fun, and fresh air? There is plenty to do around the Reno/Sparks area for the avid outdoors person. There is even a place you can bring your dogs, kids, and snow toys for a day of winter fun. Enjoy a variety of outdoor winter activities at the Tahoe Meadows snow play area.
What: Tahoe Meadows snow play area
Where:Mt. Rose Highway
When: Anytime during the winter
Cost: FREE for all ages
Just a short drive up the Mt. Rose Highway from Reno and Sparks you will find the Tahoe Meadows snow play area with plenty of free parking.
Things To Do
1. There are cross-country-ski-friendly slopes around Tahoe Meadows and you can even bring your dog.
2. Enjoy the scenery from atop Tahoe Meadows. It is truly amazing.
3. You can even enjoy friendly mountain chickadees. They will perch on your hand for a handout. They particularly love peanuts.
4. Lake Tahoe is a gorgeous spectacle from Tahoe Meadows, especially on a clear and crisp winter day.
5. Enjoy the snowshoeing on the snowshoe trails, and partake in snowshoeing at Tahoe Meadows on National Winter Trails Day.
6. Kids of all ages can enjoy a huge expanse of winter terrain on the sledding hill. Adults can enjoy it too.
7. Are you a snowmobiler? Bring your sled out and enjoy the special area designated for snowmobile use.
Whatever your winter pleasure you can indulge it at Tahoe Meadows, a terrific place for the entire family to enjoy a sunny winter day.
About Your Reno Dentists
Dr. William Wager, Dr. Brian Evans, and our highly experienced team at Wager Evans Dental are devoted to our patients and their families, and dedicated to providing first-rate dental care in a comfortable, inviting environment. Located in Reno, we proudly welcome residents from Spanish Springs, Sparks, Incline Village, Dayton, Fernley, and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment, visit our office, or contact us today by calling (775) 800-4845.