Reno Dentists Challenge You to a Dental Quiz
Posted March 8, 2013 by Wager-Evans Dental
Knowing the proper way to care for your teeth is one of the most important parts of your oral health. When you consider the fact that you attend regular dental visit every six months, it becomes clear that you are the primary person responsible for the health of your teeth and gums. Thus what you know about caring for your mouth can make the difference between a healthy mouth and an unhealthy mouth. For this reason, your Reno dentists, Dr. William Wager and Dr. Brian Evans, are giving you a chance to test your knowledge with a dental quiz.
- True or False: When you have a toothache, you should place an aspirin on the affected tooth.
- True or False: The more often you brush your teeth the better.
- True or False: Eighteen inches of floss is too much to use.
- True or False: A popping or clicking jaw is nothing to worry about.
- False. The aspirin will work much better if you swallow it. Placing the aspirin on your tooth may also cause damage to nearby gum tissue.
- False. You can brush your teeth too often, and if you do, you can cause damage to your teeth and gums from too much abrasion. Brushing too often can wear down enamel and lower your teeth’s defenses to tooth decay.
- False. Eighteen inches of floss is a good amount of floss to use. Remember that you should continue to use clean sections of the floss as you work your way through your mouth. If you use the same section for the whole process, you may simply be transferring bacteria throughout your mouth.
- False. A popping or clicking jaw is often the result of bruxism (teeth grinding). Bruxism can damage your teeth’s structural integrity. If you experience a popping or clicking jaw, contact your Reno general dentists, Dr .Wager and Dr. Evans.
Regular dental visits can keep teeth free of bacteria-ridden plaque and tartar. If your last dental visit was more than six months ago, you are due for a checkup. Schedule an appointment with your Reno general dentists, Dr. Wager and Dr. Evans. Contact our 89502 dentist office at 775-829-7700. We are proud to serve patients in Reno, Sparks, Sun Valley, Spanish Springs, and surrounding communities.