Looking for a place to take the kids in Reno? If your children are interested in exploring, discovering, and learning about chemistry, the anatomy, inventions, space, clouds, rivers, electricity, green energy, and more your Reno dentists, Dr. William Wager and Dr. Brian Evans suggest a visit to the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum.
When: Tuesday 10AM to 5PM; Wednesday 10AM to 8PM (after 4PM admission only $4 per person); Thursday thru Saturday 10AM to 5PM; Sunday from Noon to 5PM
Admission: Adults and Children $8; Veterans and active duty military $7; Children under 1 year old and Members are FREE
A hands-on museum dedicated to encouraging lifelong learning in science and technology, art, engineering, and mathematics, The Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum’s goal is to keep young minds engaged and to raise the bar. The museum features 67,000 square-feet of learning and discovery on two levels. There are seven permanent exhibits:
- Cloud Climber: Learn about the water cycle by climbing into the clouds in a 3-story tall structure.
- Truckee Connects: You may get a little wet in this 80-foot-long working model of the Truckee River.
- Build It: An interactive gallery where you can build a “green” home and power the Reno arch with renewable energy.
- The Shop: Design and construct your own ideas using real tools and materials.
- Da Vinci’s Corner: A hands-on exhibit featuring some of Da Vinci’s inventions including catapults, helicopters, and refracted light.
- Little Discoveries: Our tiniest visitors can meet new friends and sharpen their social skills, all while climbing and exploring.
- Under the Stars: This is the place to interact with Nevada’s wildlife, wade in a stream, pitch a tent, or explore a cave.
Don’t forget to visit the museum store featuring a large selection of smart toys, books, games, and gifts, another area to explore and discover!
About Your Reno Dentists
Dr. William Wager, Dr. Brian Evans, and our highly experienced team at Wager Evans Dental are devoted to our patients and their families, and dedicated to providing first-rate dental care in a comfortable, inviting environment. Located in Reno, we proudly welcome residents from Spanish Springs, Sparks, Incline Village, Dayton, Fernley, and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation or your next dental appointment, visit our office, or contact us today by calling (775) 800-4845.